Location: Roseville, Minnesota
Areas of Practice
- Wills & Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Municipal Law
- Business Law
- Minnesota, 2010
- U.S. District Court of Minnesota, 2012
- William Mitchell College of Law – St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D., 2010
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List 2008, 2009, and 2010
- Won four CALI awards for receiving the highest grades in Contracts, Real Estate Transactions, Insurance Law, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Awarded the Richard Golling Memorial Scholarship
- Awarded the Martin Lueck and Mallory K. Mullins Scholarship
- Recognized by Burton Brief for best appellate brief in legal writing course
- Recognized by the Law School Public Service Program for providing over 50 hours of pro bono legal services
University of Minnesota – Duluth, Minnesota
- B.B.A., 2000
- Magna Cum Laude
- Departmental Honors
- Dean’s List every semester
- Charles and Selma Wouri Memorial Scholarship
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Business Network International (BNI) (Past Vice President, Shoreline Connections Chapter)
- Vadnais Heights Economic Development Corporation (VHEDC)
Erich J. S. Hartmann is an attorney practicing since 2010 in the areas of wills and trusts, probate, real estate, business law, and municipal law. Mr. Hartmann enjoys helping his clients achieve their goals by using the law as a remedy rather than an ailment.
Mr. Hartmann is experienced in all aspects of business, from forming the business entity, drafting business plans, negotiating and drafting agreements for employees and other stakeholders, resolving commercial disputes, planning succession strategies, and winding-up the business enterprise. In his real estate practice, among other areas, the economic “corrections” since 2007-2008 have presented myriad opportunities for Mr. Hartmann to exercise his creative talent and correct problems that attorneys with 30-40 years of experience had never seen before.
Mr. Hartmann gained invaluable real estate knowledge and experience by working as a law clerk at the Ramsey County Title Examiner’s Office. Mr. Hartmann also piloted the law clerk/internship program at Home Line, where he interviewed and advised 705 distinct clients on residential landlord/tenant law and lease agreements.
Mr. Hartmann graduated magna cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law in 2010. Mr. Hartmann immersed himself in law school. In 2007 and 2008, his peers elected him to serve on the Student Bar Association Board of Governors, where he chaired the Faculty Relations Committee. He also participated in the Ruby R. Vale Corporate Moot Court, and he served as a Law Student Mentor for incoming first-year law students.
In his free time, Mr. Hartmann enjoys fly-tying, fly-fishing, hunting, archery, camping, backpacking, canoeing, reading, and spending time with his two boys and their German shepherd and chocolate lab.